Thursday, September 20, 2007

Ode to Opeth

( An ode to the people whose lyrics inspired me to think and write and travel the world of illusions..........Many of the words used below are the name of their tracks...)


nothing brings so serene
as the forest of October
starts to harvest

the silhouette of the
funeral portrait
reminds me of
the serenity painted death

though the black immortal rose will
share the dirge of November
in the hours of wealth
commence my isolation years

beneath the mire
to bid you farewell
in the mist she was standing
near her windowpane

in my time of need
hope leaves
and death whispered a lullaby
for absent friends

on the face of Melinda
white cluster paints
the lepers affinity
under the weeping moon

a fair judgement
is my wreath............

............deliverance
by the pain i see in others

i advent to the night and the silent waters
with closure of credence to rid the disease
creating my ending credits.

1 comment:

Anand Viankara said...

hey i really like this one...(true opeth fan....;))